Monday 25 May 2015

Salute 2015.

Saturday the 27th of April this year was Salute 2015.

Salute is the country's biggest wargames show and I try to go every year. It features a ton of traders plying their wares, a handful of participation games and some beautifully put together display tables.

I don't have a great deal to say about this years event but I thought I'd share some pictures from it with you.


You get a few cosplayers turning up. This first picture is of a Blood Angels Space Marine and a Cadian Imperial Guardswoman. They are from Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 wargame.


This second picture is of some Star Wars Stormtroopers who, I think, call themselves the 105th after a platoon first mentioned in a suppliment to Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game called Wretched Hives Of Scum And Villainy. A dad decided that it would make a cute picture to have his little girl snapped with the Troopers. One of them decided it would be funny to mime shooting her teddy bear.

 Whilst approaching the queue for a Salute several years ago, these minions of The Emperor saw that I was wearing my Rebel Alliance t-shirt and arrested me. They searched my bag for contraband before sending me on my way. If only I'd had my light sabre with me, they wouldn't have gotten away with it.


As I mentioned above, you get to see some truly beautiful display table at this event. Here's one of my favourites form this year.

Apologies for the blurriness but I only had my phone camera to take photos with. This is an amazingly detailed pirate town. I don't know what game, if any, it was showcasing but I thought it was beautifully done.

Here's a closer look showing more of the detail.


Another nautical themed table. Again, beautifully done. And again, I don't know what game for.


Dropzone Commander is a fairly new game (about three years old I think) by Hawk Wargames. It has some very nice miniatures and is, I've been told, very fun to play. The thing that put me off of it though was the price. It has come down with the change from resin to plastic miniatures for some of its range though.

This picture is of a huge spaceship that is in scale to the 10mm wargame. Along it's side are openings containing dropships that are actual game pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment